We have diverse expertise and experience, working with Council Members, Officers and other stakeholders including communities and regulators. We have an inspirational style and like to explore creative means to help participants at workshops and roundtable discussions meet their needs. Our training interests are particularly for plan makers and practitioners in sustainability and environmental planning, including bespoke training packages for organisations.
Our expertise and the services we provide include:
- Strategic level stakeholder mapping and analysis to inform policy, strategy and implementation
- Tailored engagement for environmental planning processes including Sustainability Appraisal (SA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- Development and delivery of stakeholder engagement plans for local development planning, with an outcomes focused approach
- Facilitation services and creative, innovative techniques for engaging communities and wider stakeholders
- Bespoke training courses in SA, HRA, & environmental assessment
Examples of Projects:
PROJECT: SEA TRAINING FOR EXPERIENCED PRACTITIONERS
Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA)
Development and delivery of advanced CPD accredited training programme in SEA for practitioners with courses in London, Bristol and Manchester, addressing key issues for keeping the scoping relevant & focused, assessing cumulative effects, keeping the assessment strategic, and more engaging Non-Technical Summaries. Out comes from training reported in the Environmentalist (July 2010).
PROJECT: VISIONING EXERCISE FOR THE RHONDDA CYNON TAF LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
Preparation and facilitation of Workshops for elected Council Members and key stakeholders, including discussion & analysis of the issues to be addressed by Local Development Plan. Discussion of the strategic options for the Plan covering the next fifteen years, and whether they address the issues identified; drafting of vision and three key strategic options for this area with a legacy of industrial development; characterised by steep valleys and strong communities in South Wales.
PROJECT: STRATEGIC ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT (SEA) TRAINING & CAPACITY BUILDING in MALTA
Malta Environment and Planning Authority (MEPA)
Preparation and delivery of a training programme in SEA for MEPA officers in Malta, concentrating on key scoping stage of SEA, with a focus on building capacity within MEPA’s environmental assessment team, particularly with regard to land use planning, managing coastal areas and waste management.